Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Audiobook Review: The Gate Thief by Orson Scott Card

by Orson Scott Card
Narrated by Stefan Rudnicki and Emily Rankin
Published by Blackstone Audio, Inc.
12 hrs Unabridged

 Okay, yeah, I pre-ordered this book last fall...and waited anxiously...
and I was NOT disappointed!
Orson has written another fantastic fantasy, a world filled with mages who were once so powerful they became the gods of mythology. But since the Gate Thief began stealing the great gates which allowed the mithermages to travel back and forth between worlds, their power has been fading. 
A new Gate Mage has been born on earth and has defeated the Gate Thief only to discover a different, more powerful threat.

This book was exciting, full of tense precipices of decisions. Orson is a master storyteller, he is amazing at developing detailed three dimensional characters, worlds and, in the mithermages world, a system of magic and mages. 
Another thing I love about Card is that he started his career as a playwright, and LOVES audiobooks. This come out in his stories. With the idea of never using unnecessary words and expecting his stories to be read aloud. 
And Stefan Rudnicki is the man to read them. every time I pick up a book narrated by Stefan I cringe for the first minute or so. His voice is...unusual at first...but I quickly get caught up in it and for the rest of the book I am completely enveloped in a well narrated book. I've never heard Emily Rankin before this one but I must say she fit this story well.

I very much enjoyed The Lost Gate and was excited for this book and probably one of my favorite things about this one...I was captivated u[p until the satisfying conclusion...
BUT I was expertly set up already longing for the next book.

In short-
Read it, you'll love it.

You will also enjoy-
by Orson Scott Card

by Orson Scott Card
Try Audible Now and Get A FREE Audiobook!

No comments:

Post a Comment