Sunday, March 3, 2013

Audiobook Review: 48 Days to the Work You Love

48 Days to the Work You Love
By Dan Miller
Narrated by Dan Miller

I found this book to be very helpful, I tend to be at a job for about a year and then I get discouraged by something or someone. I start to look around for some other job, I mean there must be something better out there right? I find a job that promises better pay, better benefits, whatever. 
A year later, I'm out looking again.
This book asks great questions about what you like to do, and in  different ways than the typical- 
"What would you do if you didn't have to go to work?"
kind of questions. So there I was, at my workstation, trying to figure out what i wanted to do with my life. and i looked back on my little scrap of paper and realized- 
I am DOING work that I love.
Now, it might not be this job but Mr. Miller makes a great point in separating job, career, and vocation. 
He gives great information on how to decide what you enjoy doing, and then how to find a way to 
DO IT.
Whether  it is to start your own business, start several "side jobs", or how to land the job at the company that you really want to work for.

Couple this book with  
Quittter  
by Jon Acuff
or
Entreleadership
by Dave Ramsey 

No comments:

Post a Comment