Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Audiobook Review: The Count of Monte Cristo

The Count of Monte Cristo
by Alexandre Dumas
Narrated by John Lee

To be honest this book sat in my library for a while before I got around to listening to it. The 47 hour long classic can be a little bit intimidating. But I finally picked it up and stuck to my 'once started it must be finished before moving on' rule. Let me just say-
Boy I'm glad I did!
This story is amongst some of my favorites.
The epic story of justice both for revenge and reward is captivating and moving. Mr. Dumas has done a great job with plot in this book. With seemingly random characters and surprise twists galore, what seems lengthy before reading is actually building superb suspense that you may not even know is there 
until it is relieved.
John Lee does a great job with the narration also, I took some time picking the narrator when I purchased the book and I think I did well. I especially liked his portrayal of Gaspard Caderousse, creating a aural picture well suited to the character. 
If you have started this book but put it down after the first hour or so- PICK IT UP AGAIN!. 
If you haven't started it yet, I highly recommend doing so.
It is worth finishing.

I'd recommend with this book:
Endurance
by Alfred Lansing

and
Pirate Latitudes
by Michael Crichton
Try Audible Now and Get A FREE Audiobook!

No comments:

Post a Comment