Thursday, March 14, 2013

Audiobook Review: Captivating by Stasi and John Eldredge

by Stasi and John Eldredge
Narrated by Stasi and John Eldredge

I figured that since I recommended  ladies should read Wild at Heart I should read its counterpart written for women. I am fairly certain that I felt about this book how women feel reading the other, it seemed to give me good and valuable insight into what the women in my life might be feeling, desiring, and needing. 
It did not, however, stir me into excitement and feel like it was the very thing that answered, well...any questions that I had. So maybe women will not get the answers they feel they might have about men's souls from Wild at Heart.
Or maybe the things I took away from Captivating ARE the things women might want their man to know. 
Things like:
All women have beauty and beauty gives peace, this is very prevalent in nature-
Beauty is peaceful.
Creation is not complete without the woman- she is the 'crown'
Women want to be PART of an adventure, not just the object of it.

This is not a "how to be a better woman" book- 
it is a "do you feel like something is broken in your life? this might be it!" book.
Which is good but just note there is not a lot of noted scriptural basis for the thoughts in this one.

It does deal a lot with the idea that we have all received some psychological wound from our parents and we need to deal with that wound. While it may or may not be true, I think the Eldredges put too strong of a focus on this one point both in this book and in Wild at Heart.

But maybe, just maybe, I will make my wife more happy and my daughter less psychologically damaged.
Books I'd relate to this one:

by John Eldredge

by Meg Meeker
Try Audible Now and Get A FREE Audiobook!

No comments:

Post a Comment